

NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF STUDENTS OF ARCHITECTURE

FIRST COUNCIL MEET 2016

22ND, 23RD, 24TH AND 25TH JUNE

Amity University, Jaipur

Day 2

Advisor – Sabareesh suresh
President- Shashank Rao
Secretary- Sumairha mumtaz
Vice President- Srivardhan Rajalingam
Treasurer- Ankit Kumar
Public relations – Tahir Noronha

ZP1 – Rohan Oberoi
ZP2 – Shashikant Bhambhani
ZP3 – Sonam Kumar
ZP4 – Twarit Manglik
ZP5 – Mukesh Byrareddy
ZP6 – Sanjay Antony

10:30 –

Meeting starts

President- Asking any problem from the host college (food and counters)

Agenda- Vision for NASA
what is NASA?

10:42-

President gives a presentation on the vision of NASA India where he talked about the vision, objective and goals of NASA, he talked about the structure of NASA. He talked about how we envision it and how we need to re-interpret NASA. He talked about how students of architecture is our prime importance and hoe reaching out to each and every student in the country our major aim.

He introduced some strategies to strengthen the approach –

- Documentation
- Digital approach
- Subcommittees

He discussed how the council has analysed the exam schedules of all the colleges to try to figure out calendar dates where in the conventions can fit in to ensure maximum participation of colleges.

He put forward the new initiations which would be taken up this year in response to NASA India's vision including:

- Brand management
- Digital approach
- Digital submissions
- A mobile platform
- A web platform

Talked about Lack of energy in students of architecture because of lack of interaction and how these initiatives could be the best approach to reach maximum people

11:21

Zero hour

11:42

President: This is not how the meeting or conference is held of 200 students

Communication is must.

(Due to lack of active participation by the general council)

11:44

Secretary: **She talked as to why having headquarters in one stable place is necessary and could keep shifting to different places. She explains what all work makes up the duties of the headquarters and how it being in Delhi is helping the association to work smoothly.**

She explained the two major areas handled by the headquarters which are the legalities department and the finances part and how this place also acts as a place to keep records and important documents of all these years.

11:52

Treasurer: Presents the budget

All transactions related to NASA India including expenses like prize money, transportation, travel expenses of the EC members are made through the NASA account which is in SBI branch in Delhi

This year's budget includes the money to be spent of transportation, prize money, website development costs, seed money given to host colleges to conduct events- FCM, Preconvention ,ANDC ,CA fees, ISO registrations, printing of certificates, mementos etc.

(12:01)

Z239:- Prize money is given directly by HUDCO then why is it being included in the budget?

President: - Any money that comes in the account of NASA India has to be shown in the account because of audit

12:05

Z158:- Why do we don't receive the confirmation mail so as to acknowledge the fee received by NASA?

Treasurer: - Confirmation are send to all the colleges after cross checking is also done by the banks statements

12:08

Treasurer:

Announces the new subscription fee details which would be in effect from this year

He also discussed the issues faced by the HQ due to the mails received by the HQ having transaction details which doesn't follow the required format

12:15

Z108:- expenditure of committee is Rs 8.5 lacks how it is spent?

Treasurer: according to the meetings held at different zone on the basis of it, all the expenditure is calculated

President: It isn't the approximate amount of expenditure but close to it

Z133: (suggestion)

HODs of the college should be sent a letter for subscription

President: - tried and failed because last year 600 hundred letters were sent to the HODs and only six of them replied.

Z606: If I could collect the subscription fee for all the five years from first year students?

Treasurer: - it depends on the management and varies from college to college

Subscription fees explanation

Member colleges: - Rs.100 (70 + 30)

Observer colleges: - Rs.150 (120 + 50)

Equal no. of printed copies are given to member and observer colleges and hence the NIPC fee remains equal.

Observers are going to pay 40% less than members. This is to motivate observer colleges to try for memberships

2:33:- Zero Hour.

Break for lunch

AFTER LUNCH PROCEEDINGS

2:30

PRESIDENT: Reasons the delegates who didn't attend the morning session and says it shouldn't be repeated

Vice president: address the general council and tells that ASMITA College has issues managing the NIPC and is temporarily inactive and shares that outsourcing is being considered to make sure publications aren't affected, the final call will be taken in 1st week of July in case ASMITA college doesn't continue with NIPC, we will consider outsourcing and a subcommittee will be formed to make sure the publications aren't affected.

We have applied for ISBN code this year.

2:43

Vice president: presents the constituents of NASA website. Elaborates about how this website will act as a platform, talks about giving different roles for individuals. Individual login ids giving their specific privileges, having different access levels to safeguard data.

Coming to events he talked about having the record of past events online, registrations of upcoming events to be done from the web platform. Briefs, submissions, declaration of short listed entries and results of trophies would all be done from this platform.

Every architecture student can sign up on this platform after users verify them

An online library will also be set up which will include winning entries etc., to safeguard the data, the data would not be downloadable but could only be seen.

The website will also have a page for the NASA India Internship Forum, student's forum and a page giving out details on our collaborations

Introduction of NASA TV having all the videos posted uploaded on it

The website will also have sections for downloads, forms, merchandise and contact details

2:58

Vice President: emails will be linked to the websites. And CMS – content management system is going to be adopted to allow us to edit the contents ourselves and not rely on any 3rd party

The theme of the NASA Website is revealed

Development MoU with the vendor has already been signed

3:04

Vice president: any queries?

Z518: backup plans in case the website crashes?

Vice president: we are using cloud server and not a shared server and hence such situations won't arise.

Z511: will there be any commercialisation of the website?

Vice president: no. Since we are non-profit organisation and hence no sponsorships

Z523: what about the existing data in webmail when it shuts down?

Vice president: all backup is taken since we can't afford to lose such important data

President: still to be safe and not take chances, we suggest you to take copy of important documents.

Z142: will HOD's have login rights

Vice president: it aims to students, HOD's can see the website with a continue without sign in as a visitor

3:18

Vice president: any queries?

Vice president: we are trying for Google for non-profits which would give us free Gmail links

We are awaiting the 80G document once it's in place things will be going right very soon.

With Google for non-profits we will be able to have mailing lists to broadcast recipients and will get the privileges of Google analytics

SMS service for usecs is also being worked upon, sms alerts for briefs etc.

We can have two ways to do this, one being the promotional route – where things could be blocked due to DND and the other the transactional route where you subscribe to avoid misouts and we

would be going ahead with the transactional route

3:21

Vice president: problem with webmail are

- Shared server
- No bulk mails
- Few colleges have disturbed there individual webmail settings and hence aren't getting the mails

President: the problem with Google is that its recent privacy settings does not allow you to send mails to more than 50 recipients and blocks you and hence we had to look for the alternatives.

Vice president announces the deadline for the website as September 1st week.

President: do we need a zero hour?

Vice president: any issues with the webmail come and meet me in the break

Z512: if ASMITA College doesn't go ahead with NIPC will we have new bids?

Vice president: yes. And will also outsource so as to not interrupt the publications.

3:25

ZP6 – introduces thought paper scissors

3:27

Zero hour

3:37

Next session

Agenda: sub committees

President: in constitution, executive council has a right to open subcommittees

Advisor: reads out article 14 of the constitution

NAC was such a committee this time we have a different purpose.

President: we need more people to work. These sub committees won't have a pre decided fixed term but could be continued or discontinued at the executive council's will.

3:42

President: announces the new subcommittees being formed which includes

- Media house
- Website team
- Database and analytics
- Merchandise

3:47

President: any suggestions?

President: introduces Tahir as Public Relations.

Subcommittees won't have more than 2-3 people which was not the case with NAC.

Usecs + students can be a part of the subcommittees

USECs will be leading the subcommittees

3:52

President: any queries or suggestions?

Z523: (suggestion) making of a subcommittee during the time of ANC to assist work.

President: we are considering that

3:55

President: we were thinking of subcommittee for social issues

Public relations: referring to the constitution, we need to give back to the people who do not have the access. We have some social responsibility.

President: asks for show of hands for the interested people to be a part of the subcommittees

Media house?

D Team?

NIPC?

Social responsibility?

4:00

End of session

NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF STUDENTS OF ARCHITECTURE

FIRST COUNCIL MEET 2016
22ND, 23RD, 24TH AND 25TH JUNE
Amity University, Jaipur
Day 3

Advisor – Sabareesh suresh
President- Shashank Rao
Secretary- Sumairha mumtaz
Vice President- Srivardhan Rajalingam
Treasurer- Ankit Kumar
Public relations – Tahir Noronha

ZP1 – Rohan Oberoi
ZP2 – Shashikant Bhambhani
ZP3 – Sonam Kumar
ZP4 – Twarit Manglik
ZP5 – Mukesh Byrareddy
ZP6 – Sanjay Antony

MORNING SESSION

Today's agenda: trophies

11:16

PR – each trophy is discussed one by one. Starting with group A trophies

Reuben's Trophy

Why do we do it?

Objective – to put up the things, and to display all the work of the colleges. It is a very important trophy

11:17

Z210 – Want to discuss about Reuben's trophy brief last year, which is not followed properly?

Advisor: How we go by Reuben's last year and not to be specific with certain colleges

We have to put in a way such that 1, 2, 3 years and 4, 5 years in 1 panel

Reuben's trophy is happening in a same way no changes occur.

11:20

Z110 –how can the best works of the colleges should be displayed in a better way for the people ?

Advisor: because every time I see people always come and share their problems last year brief was

Appreciated by the jurors, one of the colleges writes about it. All the guidelines are written

11:25

Z154- it is necessary to hide the name plates of the college participating?

Advisor – no it is not necessary to hide the name plates of the colleges.

11:26

PR - we will come to ANDC later

Coming to Group B trophy – G-Sen

Advisor – why the G-Sen started?

- What is the particular reason for which trophy is started?
- People chose the moderators
- taking to the juror process
- some people felt that remarks should be there
- telling the exact scenario, should not happen like last year.
- those people who work with guidelines
- we do not involve this in jury process

11:31

P.R- we can't question the jurors

- because the entries which are disqualified can't be judged
- Nari Gandhi and G-Sen are in house trophies and aren't collaborated with any organisation

Advisor: telling about the Jury process

- we don't look at the perspective and we can't question the juror

PR- about LIK trophy

- LIK collaboration was with UNESCO last year
- LIK moderator was Gurmeet Raj last year
- LIK was started by B.V. Doshi
- last year's brief came later
- this year brief will be given on time in the month of September
- LIK trophy was started as an initiative to try and document sites and monuments in India which have not been recognised, it is a very important trophy since the data we get through this is very valuable

This time we have made an attempt to ensure the sites aren't repeated by the participants. Each year a list of monuments which have been covered in the previous years will be sent along with the brief and the participants have to make sure that the sites aren't repeated

This would ensure that we cover all such sites. Like approximately we have 400 such sites which aren't been recognised , if every year we have around 80 entries then by 5 years all such sites would be documented and our purpose of this trophy accomplished.

11:38

Advisor- has a collaboration and do have something different about LIK

11:39

Z: what if a college wants to share or explain the documentation of a structure with someone?

PR: -college is free to share its data regarding a structure of renovating or reconstructing
-LIK sheets are done with many details and hard work and sharing it for research work and other studies will always be appreciated.
But make sure you drop a mail about this to us

11:41

Z211:- last year jury report was not given properly

President: - we'll get in touch with moderators and the jurors give the report.

We can't question the jurors, they have earned the position where they stand and we have to respect them.

PR: Group C

Trophy: HUDCO BRIEF

It's a government organization Collaboration
Rs. 7 lakhs are given by HUDCO to NASA for the price money.
HUDCO book has been published for 57th and 58th Annual NASA convection
Any Question about HUDCO brief?

GROUP C – UCP Trophy

It's documentation of craftsman in which work is done very nicely.

Landscape trophy

Landscape trophy is one which follows a grading system, and every entry is graded

Anyone have query about writing architecture?

11:45

Advisor: All this is put up for getting some suggestions, please show some interest

11:47

PR: Product Design
Collaborate with ADI

11: 50

IN UCP Trophy

Do we focus on craftsman skills which are traditional or can we document craftsmen who are coming up with modern systems as well?

PR: No it totally depends on you

11:53

Z313: Suggestion-
Sheets should be screened before reaching the jurors

Advisor: If you all would be happy we do not have any problem

What was happened last year the juror credited the college which did not follow the guidelines but they liked something in it and it was a decision of the person who himself had written the brief , we can't question them.

P: you must ask to your previous year USEC. How the work is done and how the guidelines are followed

11:56

PR: We would like it if every college work should firstly go to juror

Finishing last 2 trophy

GRIHA trophy:

To understand the green rating system

This trophy was started in 55th year of NASA

LBC Trophy:

This trophy was started in 56th Year of NASA

How many do agree with it?

ZP4: For LBC everyone should try to submit more entries

12:02

P: Introduce the ANDC coordinator Miss Harshita from Zone 5(Z521)

Basic ideas we get from previous year

ANDC never targets for requisitions

Emphasizes on ideas

Brief To be opened as First

We Have great briefs but does not suits idea

Brief About ANDC

12:04

ANDC Coordinator: Anyone have any query about brief?

If anyone have to design a document

If anyone has to redesign a city

All work of the sheets should be put on 2 A1

What is Hypothetical design?

12:06

P: What are you imagining or thinking about hypothetical design?

A: It means futuristic building, may or may not

All we want to see is your thinking and suggestions

12:09

ANDC C: About previous year brief challenging social issues

Much clarification needed for hypothetical site

Sites where you can't imagine about different cities climate can be known as hypothetical sites

Competition is done for all the colleges

Brief about registration form

Should use web mail to send the forms, which was not done properly

Google forms should be submitted

Single sign should be done by the colleges on the forms

12:15 pm

PR: 50 different jurors judge the competition

Hence interpretation of the Brief can be very different

12:17 pm

ANDC C: If anyone have any courier problems please tell them
Competition seats should be put in one folder of A1 size and post them
ANDC code and college code should be mentioned properly and comes first

12:19 pm

VP: ANDC templates will be released shortly

12:20

P: Few important things
Late registers colleges will not be short listed for final list
Every entry is gone through the jury
Late registered college can be in list of top 100 colleges but not in list of top 100 qualified colleges for ANDC.

12:23 pm

PR: ANDC is one of the prestigious and big design competition for the architecture students

12:24 pm

A: Guys if you want to ask anything or suggest you can

Z133: Are there restrictions for the orientation of sheets?

A: Orientation should not be a problem

12:26 pm

Z524: I've done the google form for ANDC but didn't get its confirmation?

P: We'll check the problem soon

12:28

A: Brief about Le Corb. Trophy
It is like Pritzker prize. It is a prize given to honour a college for its outstanding performance as a whole it can't have a fixed marking scheme

12:34

A: This is how the things happened last year
Reuben's trophy is the important one

12:37 pm

P: Le Corb is situational

Created a difference

Colleges who take an effort for students, focus on their specialties, working hard will definitely be awarded Le Corb

Discuss about it and also get an idea

12:38

The council breaks for lunch

AFTER LUNCH SESSION

PR- attendance

P: session started

Opinions of people

PR: NASA is not only trophies

Z201: is it about enhancing architecture

P: it is about contribution of NASA to the society

A: we are given general criteria it is not about architectural context contribution to NASA..

Z511: hosting a convention should be given.

A: we have a proposal for it

Z507: weightage of marks is less in zonals.?

P: zonal have different approaches we can't streamline it.

P: proposals

Deciding upon voting among EC.

-we will give the criteria in marking will be decide on the 1st day.

-everyone will know the mark on the zero or first day.

A: criteria- they will involve hosting about events, cultural.

14:46

discussion among ECs.

Z203: By the precon. The criteria should be revealed.

Z210: last year-

P: idea here is to make things clear before

P: if you work for everything, will reach the goals.

Z603: when a college in winning overall trophy hosting zonal convention effort should be counted.

A: it depends on the quality, quantity

A: hosting is same for all

Z603: can we bring a change in the

Z204: weightage will be discussed or announced.

P: announce because the right of EC.

Z651: citation in Rueben's

Zp2: it changes according to jurors

PR: jurors are different zones have different ideology.

15:06

ZP5: are options understood to all

Z203: in final discussion we should be included.

ZP4: last year we disclosed the marks this year we are not doing it.

ZP5:

1. Disclosed marks & work on options.
2. Requirement will be told
3. We will have chits and groups will choose the chits.

Z669: intention is good we want to give equal importance to all

Z551: before 10-15 days weightage should be released

Z: 10 days are enough to complete a trophy and problem can be told

ZP6: 10 days before

Z623: it would be better to give respected trophies for ANC and separate of Le Corb.

ZP5: we cannot make trophies

15:24

ZONAL ROUNDUP

15:55

P: jury and submission and concepts

VP: I hope you all are clear with ANDC Jury?

P: Giving idea of future we will start emphasis
About ANDC jury Data is collected after getting the codes
Shuffling will be done
Entries will be given to each jury desk
Each desk will chose top 3
Exclusive jury community will decide top 1

VP in convention, shortlisted entry will be displayed

VP: Deadline will be proposed

P: Time will be reduced

Z613: shortlisted will be displayed or all?

VP: all the entries will be taken shortlisted will be printed

VP: Yes feedback will be given

Z615: apart from shortlisted entries, others should also get a chance to display

VP: special mentions will be printed. We will have it in the library.

Z623: will trophies, briefs will be released earlier to prepare for it.

VP: yes, it will be. Last year was an exception.

A: By the first week of sept, briefs will be released.

16:14

P: asking for opinion of online submission, opinion about le Corbusier

A. Marks will be opened on zero day.

16:18

T: price money dist.

Group A.

Rueben's – 3 lac

ANDC – 1 lac

It will be according to citation this year.

Group B. LIK – 2 lac

HUDCO – 7 lac

16:21

P: trophy guidelines NASA – NASA for guidelines

P: final call will be taken by zc. Ec will refer it.

16:30

PR. Wrong usage of NASA logo.

White by is a part of LOGO.

Not overlapped.

Size acc. to sheet.

ZP 2. Why to leave space?

PR. Sticker will be printed of logo to make it easier.

Ques.

Z630 – space should be after or will sticker?

PR: yes, space should be left in right hand corner.

Z612 – how entries through mail will have sticker?

A: format will be given on which entries should be submitted.

16:38

ANDC – bid presentation

Zone 1 Z158

AFTER DINNER

21:00

VP –HUDCO BOOK Distribution

21:16

P: whoever want to apply for subcommittee can take forms.

P: Only 3 mins for presentation of membership

21:21

P: basic rules to fill form

To fill form by yourself

21:26

Distribution of certificates product design

Prize distribution

21:29

Secretary: Membership ppt will be according to zone

Secretary: Call colleges who applied last year on stage

21:34

P: According to zone get ready for the presentation

21:36

P: We are accepting application for membership for two years.

We will have results

Not every college will qualify

Every college will have only 3 chances

If you fail first year chances will be given again and if again you will fail you will start from the beginning

P: It is not easy to become the member college we tried to increase the privilege

P: Every ZP will mark entry then it will be forwarded.

21:43

P: Announcement session will commence at ALS

21:45

Membership presentation Z119 COA

21:49

Z143 Shree Bankey Bihari Institute, Meerut

21:57

Ppt by Delhi Technical Campus- Z158

22:01

Z140

22:05

Zone 2 ppts

22:06

Z229 - PIHCA ppt

22:25

Z330 - D Y Patil, Pune

22:34

Z634

22:41

Z640 COA Trivandrum

22:48

P: Called ZPs to stage for discussion.

22:51

P: We have an idea by examining the ppt
We will have discussion and we will come back

23:06

P: Being a leader in the toughest job

23:09

P: Suggestion, if you will lose first time you will get second chance and if you lose again you have to start again
Those who didn't get membership can apply again.

23:15

Sec: Result for membership

Z229

Z326

Z634

23:18

Sec: Examining ppts for college who want to apply 59th year.

23:20

VP: Z640 and Z330 are applying again

P: Who have applied for 59th year are they ready with the presentation

Due to time constraints the bidding presentations for memberships for the 59th year were rescheduled for the 4th day

